Last Modified: March 31st, 2017
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a variety of ways:
Information You Give Us. We may collect your name, postal code, phone number, e-mail address, account password, demographic information (such as your gender), the name, e-mail, description, specialty, and phone number of your referring physician, health information and other information you give us directly through our Website (including the registration process) or through our computer or mobile software applications.
Information We Get from Others. We may get information about you from other sources and add this information to information you provide through the Website. Health care professionals who provide their patients’ information are responsible for determining uses and disclosures of patient health information in accordance with their legal and professional responsibilities as health care professionals, and in accordance with state and federal medical privacy laws, including the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”).
Information Automatically Collected. We may automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Website, we may log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Website, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, Internet protocol (IP) address, geo-location, and information about your use of and actions on our Website.
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. Cookies help us make our Site and your visit better.
Do Not Track. We currently do not participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your personal information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information as follows:
- Respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- Communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by our company and other selected partners.
- Link or combine user information with other personal information about users from other sources.
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity or enforce our Terms of Service.
- Provide and deliver products and services customers request or ask for.
- Facilitate enrollment inquiries to available trials.
- Notify you, if you request to be notified, when a trial or therapy that matches your filters becomes available.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information such as your name, the date your account was created, and primary contact information as follows:
- We may share information with physicians, clinical trial enrollment administrators, and governmental data sources like clinicaltrials.gov to assist in identifying the best match between you and available therapies and trials.
- We may share information when we do or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information to protect the rights and property of MolecularMatch, our agents, customers, and others. This includes enforcing our agreements, policies, and Terms of Service.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us (such as consultants and independent contractors).
- We may share information with third parties for the purposes of facilitating technical support for users.
- We may also share information with third parties for other purposes without your consent, but only in an aggregated and/or anonymized format.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You will only receive our promotional e-mail communications if you “opt-in” to receive them, however, if you opted-in in error, or no longer wish to receive such e-mails, our marketing e-mails inform you how to “opt-out” at any time. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing e-mails. Non-marketing e-mails include e-mails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can request to change or update your personal information through the “Profile Page” on the Website. You may also delete your account through the “delete account” feature on the Website.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Website with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Website works for you.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
MolecularMatch takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information you provide via our Website. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. However, no company can fully prevent security risks and as such you understand and agree that mistakes may happen and that bad actors may defeat even the best safeguards. If a breach in security of your personal information occurs, we will notify you via the e-mail you provided through the Website.
The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the Website, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. Do not share your password with anyone. MolecularMatch holds your account information only until the account is deleted, however, we keep anonymized information pertaining to your account permanently.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Under Age 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features on the Website, make any purchases on the site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete said information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com, or write to us at:
2450 Holcombe Blvd.
Houston, TX 77021
Under Age 18
Minors under 18 years of age may have the personal information that they have provided to MolecularMatch through this Website deleted by sending an e-mail to at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting deletion. Please note that while we make reasonable efforts to comply with such requests, deletion of your personal information does not ensure complete and comprehensive removal of that data from all systems.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com, or write us at:
6500 Main Street, Suite 1000
Houston TX 77030